The cards are 4.5" x 5.5" and beautifully printed on thick uncoated card stock for easy writing. Choose between one or five cards! Or choose a 20 pack for your entire confirmation class! Cards are all individually packaged.
Everything that we believe in and do should lead us to unity with our Lord. The Holy Spirit flows into us and through us. This print shows the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit and the 12 fruits of the Spirit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, faithfulness, modesty, gentleness, chastity and self control.” -Galatians 5:22-23
Prophet Isaiah writes about the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
“The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge, piety, and the fear of the LORD.” Isaiah 11:2
1) Wisdom. This enables us to know God and esteem divine things above worldly things.
2) Understanding. Helps us to understand our Catholic Faith, the Bible and Saints.
3) Counsel. This is the knowledge necessary to guide ourselves and others to do God’s will. It helps us help others get through spiritual and temporal problems.
4) Fortitude. This is the strength we need to endure and have courage. It helps us suffer persecution and adversities for the sake of good.
5) Knowledge. This helps us to know God, ourselves and others as God knows.
6) Piety. This gift infuses us with love for serving God and see Him in all events through a holy life of prayer.
7) Fear of the Lord. “The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” We fear his just punishment of our sins for ever, but we more so fear even displeasing or offending Him.
The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit are:
1) Charity. The Holy Spirit is Love and gives us the infused theological virtue of charity to prefer God over everyone and everything. We desire this loving union with God. And it overflows in our love for ourselves and our neighbors for God’s sake.
2) Joy. Happiness is realized when we live for God and know someday we will be with Him now and forever in heaven.
3) Peace. The Holy Spirit gives us order in our souls and a clean conscience. He also gives us order to our family, friendships and duties of life.
4) Patience. When one is close to God, everything else falls into its place so that one can have patience and tranquility. Love is patient.
5) Kindness. This is the virtue of kindness to others.
6) Goodness. We renounce evil and seek what is good. We repent of our sins and strive to do God’s will.
7) Generosity. Perseverance in the mission God has given us and the ability to stay faithful over the long time.
8) Gentleness. This gives us the moral virtue temperance that helps us overcome our natural tendency to be rough or angry.
9) Faithfulness. This is a theological virtue given to us in Baptism. It gives us the Divine grace to be able to assent to the revealed truth of God. We put God as the absolute authority.
10) Modesty. This includes how we act and dress. These are external signs of our interior modesty. It gives us the preference to purity of mind and heart in sexual matters.
11) Self Control. This is the virtue to control sexual and other appetites in a holy manner like in marriage when one spouse because of sickness can not have relations.
12) Chastity. This is the self giving of oneself to God completely as a priest, religious or consecrated layman. All vocations are called to have chastity in their way of living. This includes married people to be faithful to their spouses. It also gives the grace for all those waiting to get married to be sexually pure.